Hochwilde 3461m from the Langtalereckhütte
Fantastic glacier tour on the most beautiful mountain in the Ötztal Alps. The ascent from the ski depot to the rugged and extremely exposed summit requires sure-footedness and a head for heights, despite rope safety.
Day 1, Variant 1:
Independent ascent from Obergurgl via the Schönwieshütte and the Gurgler Almhütte to the Langtalereckhütte.
The approach is first along the ski slopes and then follows the prepared path to the Schönwieshütte. Continue along the piste bully track marked with poles to the Langtalereck hut.
Attention: The hut approach from the Schönwieshütte is marked with poles and mostly prepared but not secured against alpine dangers (avalanches).
Please be sure to check the current situation with us before setting off!
Meeting point with the mountain guide for evening reading at the hut.
Day 1, Variant 2:
We are also happy to accompany you from Obergurgl. Meeting point 13:00h at the Alpincenter Obergurgl.
Additional costs: 250€ for 1-4 persons
Day 1, Option 3:
Would you like to take a peak with you on the day of the approach?
The Hangerer is practically on the way, the Eisseekögele traverse would also be an exciting alternative.
Additional costs: 350€ - 470€ (depending on the number of persons).
Early start, depending on the route chosen, short descent into the Langtal or the Gurgler Schlucht.
Either through the Langtal, the Langtalerferner with its many crevasses and a steep step to the Annajoch and ski depot, or via the Gurglerschlucht, Gurglerferner to the Annajoch and ski depot. Afterwards, spectacular but wire-rope-secured via several drop-offs and towers to the summit of the Hochwilde.
Descent via the Langtalerferner and the Langtal and with a short return ascent (20min) back to the hut.
Obergurgl - Langtalereckhütte: approx. 3h
Langtalereck hut - summit: approx. 5 - 5.5h
Obergurgl - hut: 600m
Langtalereckhütte - summit: 1150 -1450hm (incl. counter ascent).
Obergurgl - Langtalereckhütte: 6.5km
Langtalereckhütte - summit: 9km
Booking date Sun, 12. feb. 2023 - Sun, 13. may 2029 € 193.-
Bookable daily on request from mid/end February to mid May
4 participants - €193/person
3 participants - €244/person
2 participants - €345/person
1 participant - €650/person
Reservation of the hut
Supervision and guidance by state-certified mountain guide/ski guide
- Poss. parking fees
- Poss. lift costs (Hohe Mut Section 1)
- Poss. rental equipment (touring equipment,...)
- Costs for overnight stay at the hut
- half board of the mountain guide at the hut
- ev. crampons (5€/day)
- ev. ice axe (5€/day)
- Poss. climbing harness (5€/day)
Equipment list ski tour:
- Touring skis with touring bindings *
- Ski poles (adjustable in length) *
- Touring ski boots (with treaded sole) *
- Adhesive skins *
- Crampons *
- Backpack (approx. 30-45 litres, with ski attachment)
- Ski helmet
- Crampons ***
- Climbing harness with carabiner ***
- Ice axe ***
- Avalanche transceiver **
- Avalanche shovel **
- Avalanche probe **
- Bivouac sack**
- First aid kit (incl. emergency blanket, blister plaster!)
- Thermos bottle (min. 1-1.5 litres)
- Tour food (depending on preference - e.g. muesli/fruit bars, dried fruit, nuts, chocolate)
- Functional underwear
- Pullover/jacket (fleece, softshell, wool)
- Softshell jacket
- possibly light down jacket/gilet
- Anorak (waterproof/windproof)
- Ski touring trousers (softshell, Gore, ...)
- Thinner gloves (... for the ascent)
- warm gloves (... for the descent)
- Ski goggles
- Sun protection (cap, bandana, ...)
- Lip protection
For overnight stays in huts:
- Hut sleeping bag
- Charging cable, power bank
- possibly hut shoes
- AV ID card if available
* can be hired in sports shops for a fee
** can be rented free of charge at the Alpincenter
*** can be rented at the Alpincenter for a fee