Hinterer Seelenkogel 3472m from the Langtalereckhütte
A grandiose ski tour with a wonderful crossing option with the descent via the steep Wasserfallferner into the Rotmoostal valley. From the summit, fantastic views down to Pfelders and south to the Texel Group and the Dolomites. Wonderful firn slopes await us on the descent to the hut in the Langtal valley. A racy and challenging descent over Wasserfallferner into the Rotmoostal awaits us on a traverse. In good conditions an absolute dream descent!
Day 1, Variant 1:
Independent ascent from Obergurgl via the Schönwieshütte and the Gurgler Almhütte to the Langtalereckhütte.
The approach is first along the ski slopes and then follows the prepared path to the Schönwieshütte. Continue along the piste bully track marked with poles to the Langtalereck hut.
Attention: The hut approach from the Schönwieshütte is marked with poles and mostly prepared but not secured against alpine dangers (avalanches).
Please be sure to check the current situation with us before setting off!
Meeting point with the mountain guide for evening reading at the hut.
Day 1, Variant 2:
We are also happy to accompany you from Obergurgl. Meeting point 13:00h at the Alpincenter Obergurgl.
Additional costs: 250€ for 1-4 persons
Day 1, Option 3:
Would you like to take a peak with you on the day of the approach?
The Hangerer is practically on the way, the Eisseekögele traverse would also be an exciting alternative.
Additional costs: 350€ - 470€ (depending on the number of persons).
Early start, ascent via the Vorderen and Hinteren Ackerlen to the Mittleren Seelenferner. Over this and a short steep step to the Wasserfallferner. Panoramic views to the ski depot. Short ascent on foot to the summit cross at the highest point.
Descent via the ascent route or, in favourable conditions, directly via the Wasserfallferner and the steep northern flank into the rear Rotmoostal valley.
Obergurgl - Langtalereckhütte: approx. 3h
Langtalereckhütte - summit: approx. 3.5 - 4h
Obergurgl - hut: 600m
Langtalereck hut - summit: 1175hm
Obergurgl - Langtalereckhütte: 6.5km
Langtalereckhütte - summit: 7.5km
Booking date Sun, 12. feb. 2023 - Sun, 13. may 2029 € 185.-
Bookable daily on request from mid/end February to mid May
4 participants - €185/person
3 participants - €234/person
2 participants - €330/person
1 participant - €620/person
Reservation of the hut
Supervision and guidance by state-certified mountain guide/ski guide
- Poss. parking fees
- Poss. lift costs (Hohe Mut Section 1)
- Poss. rental equipment (touring equipment,...)
- Costs for overnight stay at the hut
- half board of the mountain guide at the hut
- ev. crampons (5€/day)
- ev. ice axe (5€/day)
- Poss. climbing harness (5€/day)
Equipment list ski tour:
- Touring skis with touring bindings *
- Ski poles (adjustable in length) *
- Touring ski boots (with treaded sole) *
- Adhesive skins *
- Crampons *
- Backpack (approx. 30-45 litres, with ski attachment)
- Ski helmet
- Crampons ***
- Climbing harness with carabiner ***
- Ice axe ***
- Avalanche transceiver **
- Avalanche shovel **
- Avalanche probe **
- Bivouac sack**
- First aid kit (incl. emergency blanket, blister plaster!)
- Thermos bottle (min. 1-1.5 litres)
- Tour food (depending on preference - e.g. muesli/fruit bars, dried fruit, nuts, chocolate)
- Functional underwear
- Pullover/jacket (fleece, softshell, wool)
- Softshell jacket
- possibly light down jacket/gilet
- Anorak (waterproof/windproof)
- Ski touring trousers (softshell, Gore, ...)
- Thinner gloves (... for the ascent)
- warm gloves (... for the descent)
- Ski goggles
- Sun protection (cap, bandana, ...)
- Lip protection
For overnight stays in huts:
- Hut sleeping bag
- Charging cable, power bank
- possibly hut shoes
- AV ID card if available
* can be hired in sports shops for a fee
** can be rented free of charge at the Alpincenter
*** can be rented at the Alpincenter for a fee