SKITOURING DAYS " The Obergurgler Highlights"
Lift ascent to Hohe Mut, descent into Rotmoostal. Steep ascent to the Hangerersee and the Hangererferner to the ski depot. Short ascent on foot to the summit of Vorderer Seelenkogel (3290 m). Descent along the south ridge and over a steep step onto the Seelenferner and into the Langtal. Short return ascent to the Langtalereckhütte.
Rotmoostal - summit: 3.5 - 4h
Rotmoostal - summit: 1150 hm
Early start, short descent to the Gurgler Schlucht, through this to the Gurgler Ferner and over the Kleinleitenferner and the Schalfkogeljoch to the ski depot. Short summit ridge to the highest point of Schalfkogel (3540 m)
Descent via the ascent route or, in favourable conditions, directly via the Schalfkogelferner and the steep north-eastern flank to the Gurglerferner. 200hm return ascent back to the hut.
Langtalereck hut - summit: approx. 4 - 4.5h.
Gurgler Gorge - hut: approx. 45 min.
Langtalereckhütte - summit: 1540hm (incl. counter ascent).
Langtalereckhütte - summit: 7.5km
Early start, depending on route choice short descent into Langtal or Gurgler Schlucht.
Via the Langtalerferner glacier with its many crevasses and a steep step to the Annajoch and ski depot, or via the Gurglerschlucht gorge, Gurglerferner glacier to the Annajoch and ski depot. Afterwards, spectacular but wire-rope-secured via several drop-offs and towers to the summit of the Hochwilde (3461 m)
Descent via the Langtalerferner and the Langtal and with a short return ascent (20min) back to the hut.
Langtalereckhütte - summit: approx. 5 - 5.5h
Langtalereckhütte - summit: 1150hm - 1450hm (incl. counter ascent).
Langtalereckhütte - summit: 9km
Early start, ascent via the Vorderen and Hinteren Ackerlen to the Mittleren Seelenferner. Over this and a short steep step to the Wasserfallferner. Panoramic views to the ski depot. Short ascent on foot to the summit cross at the highest point of Hinterer Seelenkogel (3472 m). Descent directly over the Wasserfallferner and the steep northern flank to the rear Rotmoostal and Obergurgl, or in unfavourable conditions along the ascent route back to the hut and Obergurgl.
Langtalereck hut - summit: approx. 3.5 - 4h
Langtalereck hut - summit: 1175hm
Langtalereckhütte - summit: 7.5km
Booking date Sun, 12. feb. 2023 - Sun, 13. may 2029 € 730.-
Daily on request bookable from mid-February to mid-May
- 4 participants - €730/person
- 3 participants - €907/person
- 2 participants - €1160/person
- 1 participant - €2120/person
- Reservation of the huts
- Supervision and guidance by state-certified mountain guide/ski guide
- Poss. parking fees
- Poss. rental equipment (touring equipment,...)
- Poss. lift costs
- Overnight stay at the hut
- half board of the mountain guide at the hut
- ev. crampons (5€/day)
- ev. ice axe (5€/day)
- ev. climbing harness (5€/day)
Equipment list ski tour:
- Touring skis with touring bindings *
- Ski poles (adjustable in length) *
- Touring ski boots (with treaded sole) *
- Adhesive skins *
- Crampons *
- Backpack (approx. 30-45 litres, with ski attachment)
- Ski helmet
- Crampons ***
- Climbing harness with carabiner ***
- Ice axe ***
- Avalanche transceiver **
- Avalanche shovel **
- Avalanche probe **
- Bivouac sack**
- First aid kit (incl. emergency blanket, blister plaster!)
- Thermos bottle (min. 1-1.5 litres)
- Tour food (depending on preference - e.g. muesli/fruit bars, dried fruit, nuts, chocolate)
- Functional underwear
- Pullover/jacket (fleece, softshell, wool)
- Softshell jacket
- possibly light down jacket/gilet
- Anorak (waterproof/windproof)
- Ski touring trousers (softshell, Gore, ...)
- Thinner gloves (... for the ascent)
- warm gloves (... for the descent)
- Ski goggles
- Sun protection (cap, bandana, ...)
- Lip protection
For overnight stays in huts:
- Hut sleeping bag
- Charging cable, power bank
- possibly hut shoes
- AV ID card if available
* can be hired in sports shops for a fee
** can be rented free of charge at the Alpincenter
*** can be rented at the Alpincenter for a fee