Ski-crossing Venter Haute Route
The Venter Loop - in six days over the highest peaks of the Ötztal Alps. The Venter Loop is a real ski touring classic and is one of the most popular "Hautes Routes" in the Eastern Alps. During the week we climb the Similaun (3606m), the Finailspitze (3518m), the Weißkugel (3738m), the Fluchtkogel (3500m) and the Wildspitze (3770m). Moderately difficult ski traverse through the heavily glaciated rear Ötztal valley with cosy huts, beautiful ski slopes and high peaks.
Arrival Vent and ascent through the Niedertal to the Martin Busch Hut (2501m).
Ascent: 600 hm
Duration: 3 - 3.5h
Through the Niedertal valley to the Similaun hut (3,019m) and the Similaun (3,606m).
Overnight stay at the Similaunhütte.
Ascent: 1100 hm
Descent: 600 hm
Ascent from the Similaunhütte to the Ötzi discovery site and on to the Hauslabjoch and ski depot. Continue via the north-east ridge to the Finailspitze (3514m). Descent over the Hochjochferner and short ascent to the Schönen Aussicht (2846m).
Ascent: 700 hm
Descent: 900 hm
Ascent to Hintere Eis (3270m) and short descent to Hintereisferner. Ascent over the Hintereisferner to the Hintereisjoch (3480m) and steep over the south ridge to the ski depot. Continue over the south ridge to the Weißkugel (3739m). Descent over the Hintereisferner to the Hochjoch Hospiz (2413m).
Ascent: 1350 hm
Descent: 1800 hm
Time: 7 - 8h
Tip: If a later start is possible due to avalanche conditions, we can also reach the Hintere Eis or the Teufelsegg with the help of lifts and save about 400hm of ascent.
Ascent via Kesselwandferner to Oberes Guslarjoch (3361m) and on to Fluchtkogel (3500m).
Descent via the Guslarferner to the Vernagthütte (2755m).
Ascent: 1,100 hm
Descent: 800 hm
Time: 5 - 5.5h
Ascent via Vernagtferner to Brochkogeljoch (3423m) and via Taschachferner to Wildspitze (3770m). Descent to Mitterkarjoch (3470m) and steep down to Mitterkarferner. Through the Mitterkar to the Breslauer Hütte (2848m), on to the Stablein ski area and on the piste to Vent.
Ascent: 1,050 hm
Descent: 1,900 hm
Time: 6 - 8h
Booking date Fri, 10. mar. 2023 - Sun, 13. may 2029 € 950.-
Bookable daily on request from the beginning of March until mid-May
- 4 participants - €950/person
- 3 participants - €1167/person
- 2 participants - €1600/person
- 1 participant - €2900/person
- Reservation of the huts
- Supervision and guidance by state-certified mountain guide/ski guide
- Poss. parking fees
- Poss. rental equipment (touring equipment,...)
- Overnight stay at the huts
- Half board of the mountain guide at the huts
- Poss. crampons (5€/day)
- ev. ice axe (5€/day)
- Poss. climbing harness (5€/day)
Equipment list ski tour:
- Touring skis with touring bindings *
- Ski poles (adjustable in length) *
- Touring ski boots (with treaded sole) *
- Adhesive skins *
- Crampons *
- Backpack (approx. 30-45 litres, with ski attachment)
- Ski helmet
- Crampons ***
- Climbing harness with carabiner ***
- Ice axe ***
- Avalanche transceiver **
- Avalanche shovel **
- Avalanche probe **
- Bivouac sack**
- First aid kit (incl. emergency blanket, blister plaster!)
- Thermos bottle (min. 1-1.5 litres)
- Tour food (depending on preference - e.g. muesli/fruit bars, dried fruit, nuts, chocolate)
- Functional underwear
- Pullover/jacket (fleece, softshell, wool)
- Softshell jacket
- possibly light down jacket/gilet
- Anorak (waterproof/windproof)
- Ski touring trousers (softshell, Gore, ...)
- Thinner gloves (... for the ascent)
- warm gloves (... for the descent)
- Ski goggles
- Sun protection (cap, bandana, ...)
- Lip protection
For overnight stays in huts:
- Hut sleeping bag
- Charging cable, power bank
- possibly hut shoes
- AV ID card if available
* can be hired in sports shops for a fee
** can be rented free of charge at the Alpincenter
*** can be rented at the Alpincenter for a fee