Mittlerer Seelenkogel 3424m from the Langtalereckhütte
Racy ski tour from the Langtalereckhütte to the shapely Mittlerer Seelenkogel, whose summit ascent can be quite difficult depending on the conditions. Wonderful 360° panoramic views from the exposed summit and especially also of the mighty Wasserfallferner with the Hinteren Seelenkogel as the southern end. The descent directly from the Seelenferner into the Langtal promises pure downhill enjoyment in the right conditions.
Day 1, Variant 1:
Independent ascent from Obergurgl via the Schönwieshütte and the Gurgler Almhütte to the Langtalereckhütte.
The approach is first along the ski slopes and then follows the prepared path to the Schönwieshütte. Continue along the piste bully track marked with poles to the Langtalereck hut.
Attention: The hut approach from the Schönwieshütte is marked with poles and mostly prepared but not secured against alpine dangers (avalanches).
Please be sure to check the current situation with us before setting off!
Meeting point with the mountain guide for evening reading at the hut.
Day 1, Variant 2:
We are also happy to accompany you from Obergurgl. Meeting point 13:00h at the Alpincenter Obergurgl.
Additional costs: 250€ for 1-4 persons
Day 1, Option 3:
Would you like to take a peak with you on the day of the approach?
The Hangerer is practically on the way, the Eisseekögele traverse would also be an exciting alternative.
Additional costs: 350€ - 470€ (depending on the number of persons).
Early start, ascent via the Vorderen Ackerlen to the Seelenferner. Across this to the foot of the summit structure. Depending on the conditions, difficult via the steep north-west flank or on foot via the north ridge in easy climbing to the summit of the Mittlerer Seelenkogel.
Steep descent via the northwest flank or descent via the north ridge back to the ski depot. Ideal ski slopes down to the Langtal valley and a short return ascent to the Langtalereck hut.
Obergurgl - Langtalereckhütte: approx. 3h
Langtalereckhütte - summit: approx. 4 - 4.5h
Obergurgl - hut: 600m
Langtalereck hut - summit: 1100hm
Obergurgl - Langtalereckhütte: 6.5km
Langtalereckhütte - summit: 5.8km
Booking date Sun, 12. feb. 2023 - Sun, 13. may 2029 € 185.-
Bookable daily on request from mid/end February to mid May
4 participants - €185/person
3 participants - €244/person
2 participants - €330/person
1 participant - €620/person
Reservation of the hut
Supervision and guidance by state-certified mountain guide/ski guide
- Poss. parking fees
- Poss. lift costs (Hohe Mut Section 1)
- Poss. rental equipment (touring equipment,...)
- Costs for overnight stay at the hut
- half board of the mountain guide at the hut
- ev. crampons (5€/day)
- ev. ice axe (5€/day)
- Poss. climbing harness (5€/day)
Equipment list ski tour:
- Touring skis with touring bindings *
- Ski poles (adjustable in length) *
- Touring ski boots (with treaded sole) *
- Adhesive skins *
- Crampons *
- Backpack (approx. 30-45 litres, with ski attachment)
- Ski helmet
- Crampons ***
- Climbing harness with carabiner ***
- Ice axe ***
- Avalanche transceiver **
- Avalanche shovel **
- Avalanche probe **
- Bivouac sack**
- First aid kit (incl. emergency blanket, blister plaster!)
- Thermos bottle (min. 1-1.5 litres)
- Tour food (depending on preference - e.g. muesli/fruit bars, dried fruit, nuts, chocolate)
- Functional underwear
- Pullover/jacket (fleece, softshell, wool)
- Softshell jacket
- possibly light down jacket/gilet
- Anorak (waterproof/windproof)
- Ski touring trousers (softshell, Gore, ...)
- Thinner gloves (... for the ascent)
- warm gloves (... for the descent)
- Ski goggles
- Sun protection (cap, bandana, ...)
- Lip protection
For overnight stays in huts:
- Hut sleeping bag
- Charging cable, power bank
- possibly hut shoes
- AV ID card if available
* can be hired in sports shops for a fee
** can be rented free of charge at the Alpincenter
*** can be rented at the Alpincenter for a fee